Frequently asked questions
Reservations and Conditions
- ( How do I book?
In love with one of our houses?! In that case it’s easy: you can either reserve directly on line or by telephoning 01 84 83 04 00. By reserving directly through at Pierres d’Histoire, we guarantee you the best price.
- Is housekeeping included?
If you would like to stay longer than a week, house cleaning is done every three days. However, if you would like cleaning daily, the charge is 25€/hour.
- Is it possible to rent a single room?
Our houses can only be rented as a whole, we do not offer guestroom service. However, some of our houses are single room homes.
- Why can’t I reserve just one night?
The upkeep of our house rentals is very high so we want to ensure a continuously high quality. This is the reason for our minimum two day stay policy.
- Does the price include half-board?
No, meals are not included in the service. All kitchens are fully equipped so you are able you to cook your own meals. However, if you do not wish to cook during your stay, we offer, in most of our houses, a local catering service from the region. Our caterers prepare everything themselves and work only with local products. Please let us know in advance if you would like this service.
- Are dogs welcome?
Yes, we accept dogs in our houses. There is a fee of 20€ per pet.
- What are your arrival and departure times?
Houses are available from 4 p.m on the day of your arrival. Check-out time is 11 a.m at the latest. On Sundays, there is no check-out : you have the possibility to leave whenever you want (except for Hôtel de Tingry).
- In case of a problem during my stay, who do I contact?
There is no reception area at the Pierres d’Histoire houses. It is the house manager who will be your intermediary during your stay. She is at your disposal by phone in case of a problem or a question and will come by if necessary.
General Sale Conditions
- Can I cancel my reservation?
You can cancel your reservation directly online or by calling us on 01 84 83 04 00. Cancellation is free up to 30 days before your arrival date. After that date there will be a cancellation fee (see general Terms and Conditions).
- Can I change my reservation?
If you wish to change your reservation please contact us on 01 84 84 04 00.
- What are the different payment options?
You can reserve online on our secure site with your credit card.
- Do you require a deposit?
For all confirmed reservations we ask for a deposit. A direct pre-authorisation debit of the security deposit will be asked for before arrival. This, however, will not be debited unless damages are noted.
- When will it debited from my account?
A 30% down payment of your invoice will be debited upon reservation. The balance will be debited 5 days before your arrival.
- Am I insured/responsible if I break something in the house?
If damage is noted in the house or on the furniture, all or part of the deposit will be debited in the 30 days following your departure.
- Are the Pierres d’Histoire houses furnished with a baby bed and high chair?
Yes, if requested, we can provide a baby bed and a wooden high chair.
Do not hesitate to ask the house manager.
- Do the Pierres d’Histoire houses have a television?
Yes, every house has its own television as well as a WI-FI terminal and speakers.
- Do the Pierres d’Histoire houses have electric outlets?
Yes, all the houses are equipped with European standard electrical installation and adapted to French machines. Please note however, if you are travelling from a country other than France, you will need to come with plug adaptors.
- Are the kitchens and bathrooms in accordance with modern standards?
Yes, in every Pierres d’Histoire house, kitchens and bathrooms are entirely built and furnished following a very precise bill of specifications meeting all the European standards and rules.
- Is household linen provided?
Yes, bed and bathroom linen are provided in every house.
- Are the kitchens fully furnished?
Yes, every Pierres d’Histoire kitchen is equipped with a stove, oven and refrigerator. There are also, numerous pots, pans and kitchen utensils.
- Are the houses heated and air conditioned?
The houses are heated (radiators and fireplaces or stove) but not air-conditioned.
- Is the wood for the fireplace or the wood-burner provided?
Yes, logs are provided if you wish to start the fireplace or the wood-burner.
- Is there network coverage in the Pierres d’Histoire houses?
The network coverage can vary. Some of the houses have excellent network coverage, while others have less connection.
- Do the houses have a WI-FI terminal?
Yes, all the houses have a WI-FI terminal.
- Are items such as toilet paper, soap, tea or coffee provided?
Yes, every Pierres d’Histoire house provides toilet paper as well as shampoo and shower gel. In the kitchens, dishwasher liquid, tea and coffee are also available.
- Are Pierres d’Histoire homes adapted for disabilities or limited mobility?
No, our houses are not accessible for people with disabilities or limited mobility because of their old architecture, steps or narrow staircases. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- Are all Pierres d’Histoire homes child friendly?
Yes, most of the houses are adapted for children. They have a garden for them to run in. However, some of the houses, because of their closeness to water or to a river or a stairway, are less adapted for smaller children. In case of an accident, Pierres d’Histoire declines all responsibility. For more information on what is available in the houses, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Can I get married in a Pierres d’Histoire house?
Of course! In Normandy, the Domaine de Ravenoville has been especially set up for weddings. For more information, click here on our wedding website page.
- Can I organise a party in a Pierres d’Histoire house?
No, Pierres d’Histoire houses are not set up for private parties.
- Do we have to clean the house before leaving?
A complete house cleaning will be done after your departure, but as a respect dustbins should be emptied and the dishwasher started.
- Do we need a car during our stay?
Our houses are often situated deep in the country side, in quiet and peaceful areas, so to get to our houses, to visit the area and to run some errands it is preferable to have a car.